Masque Sound, one of NYC’s most successful theatrical sound reinforcement, installation and design companies specializing in theatrical, house of worship, sporting, corporate, TV broadcast and live concert events has a career opportunity in the field of project management.
Project Management, as a collective, is accountable for attending to the needs of every production and is responsible for the completion of all related work orders. Maintaining a high level of customer support and satisfaction is our primary objective. In order to achieve our goals, the Project Manager is to follow up regularly with the client and fellow Masque personnel regarding any questions or concerns relative to the production. If there is a challenge with a client or a project, it is ultimately the responsibility of the Project Manager to resolve it in a timely fashion.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Skills including but not limited to:
- Some knowledge of professional audio/visual equipment and its function
- Ability to excel at problem analysis and resolution, with a proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Interpreting and completing the designer’s specification
- Entering the specification into our inventory control program, R2
- Coordinating purchases required to satisfy the spec
- Manage post-shop build care of clients, including subsequent sales and rentals
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with:
- Fellow employees
- Above average people skills which include being:
- The successful candidate must be detail oriented and punctual
Install Department Project Manager
Masque Sound’s Installation department, which has a primary focus on permanent installation in theaters, schools, performing arts centers and houses of worship, is looking for a seasoned project manager to join the team to assume PM responsibilities for a suite of new and in-progress activities across the Performance, Corporate, and Educational AV installation space.
Reporting directly to the Installation Department manager, as an Installation Project Manager at Masque Sound, you will:
- Aid in preparation of AV shop drawing packages
- Work with internal engineering teams to verify:
- System functionality
- Control systems and DSP functionality
- Manage project shop builds
- Manage all aspects of job sites
- Project labor tracking
- Change order, RFI, and ASI tracking
- Overall project timeline management
- Field labor coordination
- Overall coordination with general contractor and design team
- Coordinate billing with administrative team
- Participate in RFP and business development / bid preparation process
- Perform essential duties on job sites approximately 40% of the time
- Essential qualifications:
- 5+ years Project Management experience, preferably in audio visual field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders, build relationships, escalate red flags as appropriate, and work collaboratively to propose creative solutions for problem resolution
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Experience working with audio video signal flow
- Understanding of construction site process
- Familiarity with RFP, new business bid preparation process
- Willingness to travel to job sites locally/semi-locally
- Technical/Systems experience required for all applicants:
- Understanding of audio protocols, ie dante, AVB, madi, etc.
- Knowledgeable in speaker type use cases and speaker lines available
- Strong understanding of audio system signal flow
- Familiarity with video systems and signal flow
- Experience in Autocad and/or Revit or similar drafting programs
- Microsoft Suite of products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates selected for interview will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Are you interested in working with us in a freelance capacity?